- Progression and Careers
- Entry Requirements
- Facilities and Services
- Registration and Applying
Aims of the course
This course teaches skills relevant to finance officer roles.
It is suited for:
- People who have completed the AAT Level 2 Certificate in Accounting or the AAT Level 2 Foundation Diploma in Accounting and Business
- Unqualified accounting staff who are at an intermediate level and want to develop their accounting skills
- Employers looking to upskill their staff
- People looking to change their careers
- Those who are looking for an A Level alternative
All units are mandatory
Assessment is by computer-based exams and computer-based projects
You may want to consider taking the Level 4 Advanced Diploma in Accounting.
What can I earn in business, accounting and law? When you're deciding what to study post-16, it's important to think about where your course will lead. If you choose to study for a qualification in business, accounting or law, you'll be starting on a career path with loads of opportunity for progression ? and a top salary in your sights.
For example: Financial project managers start on around £29,000 a year and can earn up to £50,000 with 3-5 years' experience Business administrators start on around £26,000 a year and can earn £39,000 with 3-5 years' experience Legal secretaries start on around £24,000 and can earn up to £35,000 with 3-4 years' experience
The AAT Level 3 Diploma in Accounting covers a range of complex accounting tasks, including maintaining cost accounting records and the preparation of reports and returns. You will learn to master a number of accounting discipline including financial processed, final accounts and ethical practices for accountants.
Below is the course outline:
- Accounts preparation
- Prepare accounts for sole traders and partnerships
- Costs and revenues
- Professional ethics
- Indirect tax
- Spreadsheets software
- On completion, you will be awarded an AAT Level 3 Diploma in Accounting
You will have access to computers (with need softwares) during and outside of lessons for your studies. Students also does have access to library facilities. The course is delivered through a mixture of classroom lessons, workshops and presentations.
Process for Application
To apply please select your chosen start date and location above.