- Progression and Careers
- Entry Requirements
- Facilities and Services
- Registration and Applying
Overview: Meet the needs of candidates who work or want to work as bartenders in the hospitality sector
- allow candidates to learn, develop and practice the skills required for employment and/or career progression in the hospitality sector
- contribute to the knowledge and understanding required for the related Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Food and Beverage Service
Aims of the course
Facilities students will come into contact with:
- Fully Equipped bar with the 1 rosette restaurant at the College.
- Theory will be delivered in our first class e suite.
Level 2 Award Professional Bartending (Cocktails with free pouring): Unit Breakdown - Qualification Accreditation number - 500/8081/7 Candidates must achieve unit 202, a total of 9 credits.
Observation and Assessment: A series of practical activties
On completion of this qualification candidates may progress into employment or to the following City & Guilds qualifications:
- Level 1 NVQ Certificate in Food and Beverage Service (7131)
- Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Food and Beverage Service (7132)
What will I gain from the course? To Achieve employment in the Catering and Hospitality sector.
It is intended that candidates will obtain a well-rounded comprehensive education and training in cocktail making. This will include learning and understanding of products, cleaning and checking equipment, production of beverages and dealing with all customer queries. This means that candidates will be able to serve customers whilst ensuring orders are presented accurately. The candidate will learn to multi-task which will enhance future career progression both in and outside the organisation.
Interest in Mixology course, working or wanting to work in the Hospitality sector. There are no formal entry requirements for candidates undertaking this qualification. However, centres must ensure that candidates have the potential and opportunity to be successful in gaining their qualification.
Candidates must be 18 years or older to undertake this qualification
Process for Application
To apply please select your chosen start date and location above.