- Progression and Careers
- Entry Requirements
- Facilities and Services
- Registration and Applying
This course is designed to provide a relaxed introduction to Yoga. It provides an opportunity to build awareness, mobility and strength. Yoga increases body and breath awareness; it improves posture, stamina and flexibility, enhances quality of breathing and teaches relaxation techniques which help reduce stress in daily life. Attending a weekly yoga class will improve your general health. The class will leave you refreshed, relaxed and with your energy renewed.
Aims of the course
* Perform basic yoga postures and breathing exercises with guidance
* Improve your body awareness
* Practice relaxation with guidance
* Experience greater flexibility, mobility, co-ordination and grace
* Build strength and stamina
* Enjoy greater physical and mental well- being
By observation, question and answer and involving verbal feedback.
Studying yoga can empower you for other physical pursuits and mental challenges. It can also help refine skills for athletes, musicians and dancers.
Teaching yoga: students might eventually progress to a CYQ Certificate in Yoga.
This is a beginner's class but all levels and abilities are welcome. It is inadvisable for students suffering from certain medical conditions to attend an ordinary yoga class. If you have any doubts, please consult your doctor first.
Process for Application
To apply please select your chosen start date and location below.