- Progression and Careers
- Entry Requirements
- Facilities and Services
- Registration and Applying
Cambridge First enables you to show you're ready for success in the real world. Through preparation, you will gain real-life English skills for work and study, and take a high-quality test that is fair to everyone. In gaining the qualification, you can take pride in a certificate that is accepted globally. Term 1 enables you to begin your preparation process and focuses on language development, whilst Term 2 continues language development alongside more specific test practice. The course fee above does not include the exam fee.
Aims of the course
During the course you will:
- work on the four key language skills: speaking, listening, reading, and writing, as well as taking an analytical approach to skills such as grammar and vocabulary
- learn how to understand the main ideas of complex pieces of writing.
- develop skills to keep up a conversation on a fairly wide range of topics, expressing opinions and presenting arguments
- gain insight in to how produce clear, detailed writing, expressing opinions and
- explaining the advantages and disadvantages of different points of view
You will prepare for Listening, Reading, Writing, Speaking and Use of English tests at B2 Level.
Learners work is regularly assessed and learners receive detailed on their work on how they can improve. Homework will be set and marked regularly. You will receive a certificate as a record of the course you have completed.
Your enhanced English language skills will help you in your professional communications and allow you access to higher education courses and professions
Good English language skills are a requirement for success in any professional career.
An assessment of your reading, writing, listening and speaking skills and an interview with an English Language specialist. You need to demonstrate English language skills at B2 on the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR).
A commitment to work hard and to attend 100% of lessons and to do homework outside the class.
This is a classroom-based course. Group size is usually sixteen. There is a Learning Centre with materials you can use for independent study and homework.
Process for Application
To apply please select your chosen start date and location above.