- Progression and Careers
- Entry Requirements
- Facilities and Services
- Registration and Applying
The Course offers a unique opportunity for people aiming to study fashion at degree level and is a valuable stepping stone, introducing you to a broad and essential range of skills. The course qualification is recognised by UCAS and successful completion of this programme offers you progression opportunities to degree courses.
Aims of the course
The primary aim of this course is to provide HE progression opportunities for adults who, because of social, educational or individual circumstances may have achieved few, if any, prior qualifications.
The target learners are adults who have the ability to benefit from higher education but who have not previously had the opportunity to develop their academic skills.
- Essay Writing
- Applied Academic Skills for Art and Design
- Learning in a Group
- Note-taking and Note-making
- 3D Fashion Design: Modelling/Pattern Cutting
- Cultural Studies for Design
- Design: Visual Research and Development
- Fashion Design-Development and Presentation
- Fashion Drawing
- Introduction to Garment Construction
- Portfolio Development and Presentation
- The Principles of Fashion Design and Product Development
- Writing essays
- Practical exercises
- Tutor observation
- One to one tutorials
Lewisham and Southwark College will be offering a 2 year-Foundation Degree in Art and Design-Fashion with an option of a year 3 top-up to a full undergraduate degree at University of east London (UEL)
Further progression to Higher Eduaction
- Applicants must have a minimum of Level 2 competence in written and spoken English. It is expected that second language applicants will be at a minimum of level 2 of the Adult ESOL Curriculum.
- Applicants must demonstrate the potential to achieve at Level 3 ? specifically, they should be able to respond to a range of texts and communicate information and ideas clearly, logically and effectively in writing.
- Applicants must, at the start of the programme, have the intention to progress to higher education to study a course for which the Fashion Access Diploma offers appropriate preparation.
- Sewing and pattern cutting rooms
- photo-shoot studios, darkroom,
- Computer Aided Design (e.g. InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop)
- Apple Mac computer labs
- The department has a wide supply of Art Fashion equipment that students can book out.
- Key materials for the course is made available through Google Classroom
- Library resources
- Copies of recommended books
In addition there will be a minimum cost of £200 for course materials, trips and visits
Process for Application
Standard College Application