Health and Social CareWorking in the health and social care profession can be extremely rewarding, but the role comes with enormous responsibility, and demands essential knowledge and expertise. We can provide you with an industry-accepted and government-recognised qualification, giving you the confidence and skills to pursue a fulfilling career in this sector.
Why study Health and Social Care at Lewisham Southwark College?
- Our tier-level qualifications include courses for complete beginners, those wanting to improve their current career prospects, and students looking to take an access qualification for further and specialised study in the area
- You’ll get the chance to learn about a broad range of topics including child development, paediatric first aid, health and safety, communication, safeguarding children and young people, diversity and rights, sociology and psychology (depending on your chosen track)
- Teaching is a dynamic mix of lectures, seminars, group discussions, lab demonstrations, group and individual presentations
- Some of our programmes include work experience, enabling you to put your newly acquired skills to the test and get an insight into what it’s really like to work within the profession
- Successful completion of the course will enable you to apply for a job within the industry, or pursue higher level education in health and social care before entering full-time employment in a more senior position
Why not browse our courses and see what we have to offer?