- Progression and Careers
- Entry Requirements
- Facilities and Services
- Registration and Applying
The Certificate in Counselling Skills (CSK-L2) is a CPCAB (Counselling and Psychotherapy Central Awarding Body) award, which is assessed both internally and externally. Please see www.cpcab.co.uk for more information.
Aims of the course
Designed to give learners the underpinning knowledge, skills and competencies to use counselling skills ethically and safely in a variety of contexts and roles.
- Using counselling skills ethically and safely
- Establish and sustain the boundaries of the helping role
- Work empathically as a helper
- Focus on the helpee's needs and concerns.
Assessed both internally and externally.
Having successfully completed this qualification, you may wish to begin training to become a counsellor, in which case the next step is taking the CPCAB's Level 3 Certificate in Counselling Studies.
- Students can progress further to gain a Certificate in counselling Level 3
What can I earn in the health and social care industry?
When you're deciding what to study post-16, it's important to think about where your course will lead. If you study for a vocational qualification in health and social care, you'll be starting on a career path with lots of opportunity for progression ? and a good salary in your sights.
- Care workers start on around £13,000 a year and can earn £17,000 with 3-5 years' experience
- Social workers start on around £24,000 a year and can earn £39,000 with 3-5 years' experience
- Nurses start on around £26,000 a year and can earn £31,000 with 3-5 years' experience
Our tiered qualifications are industry-accepted and government-recognised, and many include valuable work experience, giving you the confidence and skills you need to succeed in this sector.
The entry requirements are as follows:
- Four GSCEs (any subjects) at grades D-E (one of which must be a related subject) - or successful completion of a Level 1 substantial qualification in a related subject
- An initial assessment that indicates an appropriate level of English and mathematical ability
- A satisfactory reference
- A substantial qualification in a related subject.
Classrooms and learning centre.
Process for Application
To apply please select your chosen start date and location above.