- Progression and Careers
- Entry Requirements
- Facilities and Services
- Registration and Applying
The Certificate in Counselling Skills (CSK-L3) is a CPCAB (Counselling and Psychotherapy Central Awarding Body), which is assessed both internally and externally. The Level 3 Certificate in Counselling Studies programme introduces you to the three main theoretical approaches to counselling and shows you what you can expect from working with counselling agencies. Please see www.cpcab.co.uk for more information.
Aims of the course
This qualification is intended for candidates who have already acquired a recognised qualification in counselling skills and want to:
- Take the next step in training to become a counsellor
- Learn more about counselling theory, ethics and mental health
- Be prepared for work as a professional counsellor in an agency setting.
This qualification does not lead to employment. It is designed as a pre- practitioner training for professional counselling qualifications but it could also lead to employment in a related field.
- Prepare to work within an ethical framework for counselling
- Understand the counselling relationship
- Understand difference and diversity issues to develop empathic understanding
- Understand theories of counselling and mental health. Etc.
You can go onto to develop your skills by taking a Level 4 certificate, or apply for a role in the industry.
Four GCSEs at grades A*-C; one of which must be GCSE English or GCSE Mathematics. Or successful completion of a Level 2 substantial qualification in a related subject - plus an initial assessment that indicates an appropriate level of English and mathematical ability, and a satisfactory reference.
Classrooms and leaning resource centre.
Process for Application
To apply please select your chosen start date and location above.