- Progression and Careers
- Entry Requirements
- Facilities and Services
- Registration and Applying
This qualification provides you with Level 3 information technology system support skills that could lead to further education in information technology or related areas.
You will also achieve the 'Cisco IT Essentials industry standard qualification', which can offer those moving into their first job roles the confidence to work effectively with information and communications technology networks, and deal with tasks that are straightforward or routine.
The course will cover main modules:
- Customer Support Provision for the Information and Communications Technology Professional Install
- Configure and Integrate Networked Hardware and Software
- Networking Principles
- Principles of Information and Communications Technology Systems and Data Security
- Install, Configure and Upgrade Information and Communications Technology Software
- Cisco IT Essentials
- Maintain Information and Communications Technology Equipment and Systems.
- Assessment will be through assignments and an online exam.
Aims of the course
- To help learners who wish to progress to/within further education or higher education
- To help learners develop advance learning
- To help learners who are seeking to take on increased responsibilities in life and work
- To help learners who are seeking to enter new work areas and are looking to update and/or add to their employment skills and knowledge
Learners are assessed through activities that are internally set by tutors.
These include: role play, practical demonstration, report writing, group discussion, essay, written question/answer
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to progress to the next level available, or seek employment.
This course can lead to further education or apply for employment in information technology system support, information technology network support or helpdesk support areas, and also self-employment.
- 3 GCSEs at grades A* ? C (including English or maths), or completion of a Level 2 programme in a related subject.
- You can also progress onto our Foundation Degree in Business and IT.
We have a wide range of computer rooms and labs where you will learn a range of skills.
Process for Application
To apply please select your chosen start date and location above.