- Progression and Careers
- Entry Requirements
- Facilities and Services
- Registration and Applying
The Course offers a unique opportunity for people aiming to study music at degree level and is a valuable stepping stone, introducing you to a broad and essential range of skills. The course qualification is recognised by UCAS and successful completion of this programme offers you progression opportunities to degree courses.
Aims of the course
The primary aim of this course is to provide HE progression opportunities for adults who, because of social, educational or individual circumstances may have achieved few, if any, prior qualifications.
The target learners are adults who have the ability to benefit from higher education but who have not previously had the opportunity to develop their academic skills.
- The Theory of Music
- Reading and Comprehension of Texts
- Essay Writing
- Aural skills
- Aural analysis
- Aural practical
- Keyboard Harmony
- Music Analysis
- Theory of Music
- Score reading Popular Songs and Standards
Writing essays, journals, presentation, portfolios, practical exercises, tutor observation, one to one tutorials
Lewisham and Southwark College will be offering a 2 year-Foundation Degree in Music with an option of a year 3 top-up to a full undergraduate degree at University of east London (UEL)
Progression to Higher Education
- Applicants must have a minimum of Level 2 competence in written and spoken English. It is expected that second language applicants will be at a minimum of level 2 of the Adult ESOL Curriculum.
- Applicants must demonstrate the potential to achieve at Level 3 ? specifically, they should be able to respond to a range of texts and communicate information and ideas clearly, logically and effectively in writing.
- Applicants must, at the start of the programme, have the intention to progress to higher education to study a course for which the Music Access Diploma offers appropriate preparation.
- Practice and rehearsal spaces equipped with high specification back-line amplification and drum kits
- Multipurpose performance space with professional lighting rig, monitor system, video projector, display screen and sound reinforcement.
- Recording Studio
- Electronic and Computer music studios
- Key materials for the course is made available through Google Classroom
- Library resources
- Copies of recommended books
Process for Application
Standard College application