- Progression and Careers
- Entry Requirements
- Facilities and Services
- Registration and Applying
For beginners who want to develop their singing voice. Establish good practice in voice use, confidence and independence in holding a line. You will also learn to use the voice in a variety of styles and situations. Start singing and explore your voice in this fun, confidence-building course.
Aims of the course
This course covers:
- vocal warm ups
- breathing exercises to help you sing and overcome nerves
- songs from multiple genres: classical to folk/pop and musical theatre.
- group singing and blending as an ensemble
- relationship between the voice and body (e.g. posture, breath).
- managing practice throughout the week
By observation, question and answer and involving verbal feedback.
To our Improvers Singing course.
Ultimately to performing or teaching music.
This course is for beginners: however you need to demonstrate ability to pitch notes within your existing vocal range. There will be a short individual vocal assessment on the first class of the course to ascertain suitability.
Our music rehearsal studios.
Process for Application
To apply please select your chosen start date and location above.