- Progression and Careers
- Entry Requirements
- Facilities and Services
- Registration and Applying
Level 3 will suit you if you have worked in sport and leisure for some time or already have a Level 2 qualification. Your work might involve supervising others or managing resources. You may want to develop your skills further, perhaps to move into a management role.
Our Level 3 Sports pathway will help you to develop the skills required to gain full time employment in a sports capacity or even continue you're learning at University.
At Level 3 you will complete a broad range of sports topics which include: Health, Safety and Risk Management, Sport in Society, Factors that Affect Participation, Physical Preparation for sports performers, technical and tactical requirements, customer services plus more?
Completion of all these units will help you to develop the attitude, knowledge and skills required to develop your career further
Aims of the course
Prepare learners for employment or HE
You complete three core units (four core units for the certificate or diploma) from a range of units, including:
* Understanding the active leisure and learning sector
* Health, safety and risk management in sport and active leisure
* Customer service in sport and active leisure.
The certificate also requires you to choose a minimum of three optional units (or six optional units for the diploma) from a wide range of units, including:
* Operational management of sport and leisure facilities
* Working with participants with disabilities in sport and active leisure
* Factors affecting participation in sport and physical activity
* Sport as a business
* Understanding employment rights and responsibilities
* Lifestyle management for sports performers
* Funding and sponsorship in sport.
Continual assessment throughout the year and a number of assignments both written and practical. Students are required to complete a portfolio containing evidence of assignments, practical performance, presentations, group exercises and discussions.
After successfully completing this programme, you will be able to pursue your career in many ways, including joining the sports coaching industry.
4 GCSEs A*-C / or 9-4 (in 2017 GCSEs)
Relevant Level 2 qualification with Merit or above
Relevant industry experience to Level 2 or above
Process for Application
To apply please select your chosen start date and location below.