- Progression and Careers
- Entry Requirements
- Facilities and Services
- Registration and Applying
This program runs over one year, with the option to do a second year, which would total the equivalent of two A-Levels. It is well recognised by employers as well as higher education providers such as universities, which prefer courses such as these that carry UCAS points.
Typical mandatory units:
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Fitness Training and Programming for Health, Sport and Well-being
- Professional Development in the Sports Industry
- Sports Leadership
- Sports Psychology
- Coaching for Performance
- Sports Event Organisation
- Development and Provision of Sport and Physical Activity
- Coaching and Leading for Participation
- Provision of Sport for People with Physical and Learning Disabilities
- Physical Education and the Care of Young People
Additional units include:
- Application of Fitness Testing
- Practical Sports Performance
- Work Experience in Active Leisure
- Exercise and Circuit-based Physical Activity
- Rules, Regulations and Officiating in Sport
Assessment is both practical and written, including assessments such as: coaching sessions, assessing player's performance through video analysis, producing healthy lifestyle leaflets for customers, and exams covering anatomy of the body.
Past students have progressed to;
- University sports therapy, sports studies, sports science, football studies, PE teaching
- Apprenticeships in school sports coaching
- Sports coaching roles
- Gym instruction level 2 certification
The course gives a strong grounding in the many areas of the active leisure industry, preparing you to work in roles as diverse as: a coach, PE teacher, sports scientist, sports administrator, or sports development officer.
- Four to five GCSEs at grade 4 or above including GCSE English Language
- Level 2 BTEC Diploma merit grade, including GCSE English Language A-C
While classroom lessons are mainly based at our Lewisham Campus, practical sessions are delivered all year at the Crystal Palace National Sports Centre, where we have use of facilities such as the sports-halls, astro-turf pitches, indoor and outdoor running tracks, swimming pools, beach volleyball, squash and tennis courts.
Process for Application
To apply please select your chosen start date and location above.