- Progression and Careers
- Entry Requirements
- Facilities and Services
- Registration and Applying
This is a short intensive course taught on one evening per week. This course is aimed at the post-compulsory sector and training sector.
The course is designed as an introduction to teaching, learning and assessment. The aim is to provide you with an insight into the roles, responsibilities and relationships within education and training, and to develop your knowledge and skills-base around planning and delivering an inclusive teaching session and how to assess and give constructive feedback to your learners.
If successful you will be awarded the Level 3 Award in Education and Training.
Aims of the course
To provide an introduction to teaching, learning and assessment to enhance employment/promotion prospects and/or progress onto higher teaching qualifications.
You will study three mandatory units:
- Understanding Roles, Responsibilities and Relationships in Education and Training
- Understanding and Using Inclusive Teaching and Learning Approaches in Education and Training
- Understanding Assessment in Education and Training.
Candidates build a portfolio of evidence which will include written assignments, micro-teach, reflective logs etc. There is no final examination.
Successful completion of this course can lead to employment (paid or voluntary) in Further Education colleges, adult and community learning, 14-19 units in schools and academies, private training organisations, prison education and the public services (police, paramedics, fire service,) and/or progression onto a full teaching qualification (Diploma in Education and Training or the Professional Graduate Certificate in Education).
- NB: minimum requirement of Level 3 qualification
What can I earn as a teacher/trainer? When you're deciding what to study post-16, it's important to think about where your course will lead. With a vocational qualification in teaching, you'll be starting on a career path with lots of opportunity for progression ? and a good salary in your sights.
If you're interested in a career in teaching, we offer a range of vocational courses that will help you get where you want to go. Our tiered qualifications are taught by expert tutors and include valuable work experience, giving you the confidence and skills to take your first steps in this rewarding sector.
- Preferably: a Level 3 qualification and Level 2 English &/or Maths
- Completion of an initial assessment that indicates an appropriate level of English and mathematical ability
- You must also be aged 19 years+
- Whilst there are no formal entries requirements for this course, the candidate will need good written and spoken English to meet the demands of the theory and practical assessment elements of this course. NB: to secure teaching work &/or to progress onto higher teaching qualifications you will need a minimum level 3 qualification.
There will be a mix of delivery models used: classroom-based teaching, tutorials and workshops, independent research study and online learning. You will also have access to our VLE site (eME) that will provide you with a range of materials and resources to support your learning whilst on this course. Both individual tutorial support and additional learning support are available, if required.
Process for Application
To apply please select your chosen start date and location above.