- Progression and Careers
- Entry Requirements
- Facilities and Services
- Registration and Applying
For people considering an exciting career in the travel and tourism industry, this course is a great stepping stone. You will explore topics including the travel and tourism industry, customer service, travel planning, promotions, recommending holidays, preparing for employment, and worldwide destinations, as well as functional skills in mathematics and English.
Aims of the course
To enable you to learn, develop and practise the skills required to get started and progress in your career in the travel and tourism sector.
- Customer service
- Locational geography
- Preparing travel itineraries
- Package travel and tourism products and services.
Research tasks, short-answer questions practical tasks and online e-assessments.
This course can lead to a Level 2 Diploma and job opportunities within the travel and tourism market.
Holiday representative, tour guide, tourist information centre assistant, or travel agent.
What can I earn in the travel and tourism industry? When you're deciding what to study, it's important to think about where your course will lead. With a vocational qualification in travel and tourism, you'll be starting on a career path with lots of opportunity for progression ? and a good salary in your sights.
- Cabin crew members start on around £19,000 a year and can earn £33,000 with 3-5 years' experience
- Travel agents start at around £16,000 a year and can earn £24,000 with 3-5 years' experience
- Hotel managers start at around £15,000 a year and can earn £24,000 with 3-5 years' experience
If you'd like to turn your passion for travel into a career, we offer a diverse range of vocational courses that will help you get where you want to go. Our former students have taken up exciting roles such as cabin crew for EasyJet and Resort Rep for Kuoni UK in the Maldives ? and with the right training, there's no reason why you shouldn't follow in their footsteps.
- 3 GCSEs D-G / or 3-1 (in 2017 GCSEs)
- Relevant industry experience
Lessons, educational visits to tourism attractions, guest speakers and workshops.
Process for Application
To apply please select your chosen start date and location above.