- Progression and Careers
- Entry Requirements
- Facilities and Services
- Registration and Applying
If you're thinking about a career in the aviation industry, this course is a good place to start. You will learn about the aviation industry, aviation terminology, airport locational geography, customer service, team work in the aviation industry, and preparing for employment, as well as functional skills in mathematics and English.
Aims of the course
To enable students to develop and practise the skills required for employment in the aviation sector.
- The aviation industry
- Aviation terminology
- Airport locational geography
- Customer service
- Team work in the aviation industry
- Preparing for employment.
Research tasks, short-answer questions practical tasks and online e-assessments.
This course can lead to a Level 2 Certificate in Aviation Operations.
What can I earn in the travel and tourism industry? When you're deciding what to study, it's important to think about where your course will lead. With a vocational qualification in travel and tourism, you'll be starting on a career path with lots of opportunity for progression ? and a good salary in your sights.
- Cabin crew members start on around £19,000 a year and can earn £33,000 with 3-5 years' experience
- Travel agents start at around £16,000 a year and can earn £24,000 with 3-5 years' experience
- Hotel managers start at around £15,000 a year and can earn £24,000 with 3-5 years' experience
- 3 GCSEs D-G / or 3-1 (in 2017 GCSEs)
- Relevant industry experience
Lessons, workshops, educational visits to airlines and airports, and talks by guest speakers from the industry and successful students currently working as passenger service agents.
Process for Application
To apply please select your chosen start date and location above.