- Progression and Careers
- Entry Requirements
- Facilities and Services
- Registration and Applying
For people thinking about an exciting career in travel and tourism, this course will help you progress towards your goal. Exploring the travel and tourism industry, the programme will enable you to learn about worldwide travel destinations, customer service and selling skills, retail travel servicers, tourist information services and interpersonal skills, as well as functional skills in mathematics and English. In addition you will be given an enrichment opportunity to gain the on-line Viewdata and Galileo systems qualifications used by major retail agents and tour operators.
- Worldwide destinations
- Meet and greet services
- UK tourism
- Skills for working in travel and tourism
- Retail travel
- Travel planning
- Tourist information services
- Visitor attractions
- Tour operations and interpersonal skills.
Research tasks, short-answer questions practical tasks and online e-assessments.
This course can lead to a Level 3 Diploma and job opportunities within the travel and tourism market.
Holiday representative, tour guide, hotels tourist information centre assistant, travel agent, and job opportunities at visitor attractions.
What can I earn in the travel and tourism industry? When you're deciding what to study, it's important to think about where your course will lead. With a vocational qualification in travel and tourism, you'll be starting on a career path with lots of opportunity for progression ? and a good salary in your sights.
- Cabin crew members start on around £19,000 a year and can earn £33,000 with 3-5 years' experience
- Travel agents start at around £16,000 a year and can earn £24,000 with 3-5 years' experience
- Hotel managers start at around £15,000 a year and can earn £24,000 with 3-5 years' experience
- 4 GCSEs D-F / or 3-2 (in 2017 GCSEs)
- Relevant Level 1 qualification with Merit or above
- Relevant industry experience to Level 1 or above
Lessons, educational visits to visitor attractions and hotels, guest speakers, and workshops.
Process for Application
To apply please select your chosen start date and location above.