- Progression and Careers
- Entry Requirements
- Facilities and Services
- Registration and Applying
Giving you an insight into a career in the skies, this programme will teach you about cabin crew members' roles and responsibilities, particularly when it comes to passenger safety. The course will also introduce you to the various different aspects of the job including airline and aviation operations, airline health safety and security policies, airline emergency procedures and crew room duties.
Aims of the course
To meet the needs of those who want to work as air cabin crew in the aviation sector allowing students to learn, develop and practise the skills required for employment.
- Airline industry terminology
- Responding to planned and unplanned emergencies on board
- The effect of the weather on aviation operations
- Crew room duties
- Customer service
- Safety, security and the comfort of passengers and
- Preparing for employment
Research tasks, short-answer questions practical tasks and online e-assessments.
Completing one of the study courses can lead to progression into employment with airlines or training with a tourism organisation.
What can I earn in the travel and tourism industry? When you're deciding what to study, it's important to think about where your course will lead. With a vocational qualification in travel and tourism, you'll be starting on a career path with lots of opportunity for progression ? and a good salary in your sights.
- Cabin crew members start on around £19,000 a year and can earn £33,000 with 3-5 years' experience
- Travel agents start at around £16,000 a year and can earn £24,000 with 3-5 years' experience
- Hotel managers start at around £15,000 a year and can earn £24,000 with 3-5 years' experience
If you'd like to turn your passion for travel into a career, we offer a diverse range of vocational courses that will help you get where you want to go. Our former students have taken up exciting roles such as cabin crew for EasyJet and Resort Rep for Kuoni UK in the Maldives ? and with the right training, there's no reason why you shouldn't follow in their footsteps.
- 4 GCSEs D-F / or 3-2 (in 2017 GCSEs)
- Relevant Level 1 qualification with Merit or above
- Relevant industry experience to Level 1 or above
- You will also need to meet airlines' employment requirements, eg height between 5ft 2in and 6ft 2in, no visible tattoos or piercings, ability to swim 25m, valid ID (passport) and be prepared to wear our cabin crew uniform to the standards required.
Lessons, workshops, educational visits to airlines and airports, talks by industry guest speakers and successful students currently working as crew.
Process for Application
To apply please select your chosen start date and location above.