- Progression and Careers
- Entry Requirements
- Facilities and Services
- Registration and Applying
The aviation industry has grown at a rapid pace. The last 10 years have seen a huge increase in the start up of new low-cost scheduled airlines, an increase in routes offered by network carriers. Along with these developments, the UK has seen a rapid expansion in the growth of regional airports, many of which now serve as hubs for low-cost and charter airlines. This rapid expansion has led to a huge demand for a new, flexibly-skilled workforce.
By completing this course learners will gain a L3 subsidiary diploma in Aviation Operations. Also learners will study additional qualifications in Computer reservations systems - Amadeus and an IATA recognised qualification regarding Airline fares and ticketing
Aims of the course
To enable learners to gain employment in the Aviation Industry or progress onto higher education
The course aims to fill the skills gaps currently identified within the field of Aviation including: aviation terminology, customer service, destination geography, health & safety and security, team leadership skills and general knowledge of the Aviation industry.
- The UK Aviation industry
- Health and Safety in the Aviation Industry
- Security in the Aviation Industry
- Interrelationships within the UK Aviation industry
- Development of the UK Aviation Industry,
- Aviation geography and terminology
- Customer service in the aviation industry
- Marketing in the Aviation Industry
- Preparing for employment
- Environmental impacts of Aviation
- Current Issues within Aviation
- On-board passenger operations
- Air fares and ticketing
- Computer Reservation systems- Amadeus
Via coursework, presentations, online and paper exams and practical role-plays
After successful competition of this course, you can progress on to university and degree-level study.
This course equips you for a range of roles in the aviation sector such as trainee manager for an airline or at an airport.
- GCSE English and Maths- or Level 2 equivalent
- Completion of L2 Aviation course- to Merit grade
Lessons, workshops, educational visits to airlines and airports, talks by industry guest speakers and successful students currently working as crew.
- £50 for trips and visits for the year
Process for Application
To apply please select your chosen start date and location above.