- Progression and Careers
- Entry Requirements
- Facilities and Services
- Registration and Applying
This course focuses on the operation and management skills required for the global hospitality and tourism industry. You'll benefit from industry insight via our guest lecture series, as well as real-life work examples from our industry-experienced tutors to help you understand the complex, ever-changing and exciting world of hospitality and tourism.
You will develop the practical skills required to work in the industry as well as the skills to market and manage a range of hospitality and tourism organisations effectively. *Subject to validation.
Please note: If you succesfully completed a level three course at LSC in 2017-18 and want to progress to an HE course then you don't need to complete a UCAS application. Use the 'Apply' button to apply direct to the College.
The validating body for this course is NCG
Aims of the course
To enable students to gain a thorough knowledge and understanding of the tourism and hospitality management industry, while developing a range of transferable skills.
- Academic Study Skills, Contemporary Tourism and Hospitality Customer Relationship
- Destination Management
- Developing ManagerPersonal Development
- Tourism and Hospitality Business Development
- Work Related Learning
- Commercial Business Performance
- Conference and Events
- Leadership and Management
- Marketing and Social Media
- Professional Development
- Sustainability in Hospitality and Tourism
- Work-Based Learning
Professional placements in year one
You will complete a 160-hour work placement which will help build on your expertise and support your future career aspirations. Some of the placements will be with
- Luxury Hotels such as Hilton, Marriot and Yianis
- Luxury Restaurants such as Hilton, Plateau, Ritz
- London's 8 Royal Parks
- Venues such as The Excel Centre, Olympia, earls Court
- Event Management Companies such as London Sport and London Youth games
- Merlin Entertainments
You will learn through a dynamic mix of lectures, seminars, practical sessions and workshops, and will benefit from industry guest speakers. You will also complete a placement with a relevant organisation.
Assessments include: written assignments, case-studies, presentations, portfolios, work-based projects and practical tests.
You will be able to progress on to further study (such as a top-up degree) or go directly into employment with a hospitality and tourism provider.
On successful completion of the course you will be equipped to apply for trainee management or managerial positions in a range of tourism and hospitality operations. You may for example work in tour operations, retail travel or hotel management.
To apply for this course you must be aged 18 or over on or before the 31st August 2018
- 70-80 UCAS points
- You will normally be expected to have GCSEs at grade A*-C (9-4) in English language and maths or the Level 2 equivalents.
- For mature students (aged 21 or over) without these qualifications, relevant work experience may also be considered.
- Applicants for whom English is not their first language need a minimum IELTS score of 6.0 or a nationally recognised equivalent.
- A satisfactory DBS clearance will be required and must be obtained within the first term of enrolment.
You'll learn at our £41m state-of-the-art Southwark campus which offers an innovative learning environment and specialised facilities.
Process for Application
Apply via UCAS here: https://www.ucas.com/students