The Advanced Learner Loan makes studying more affordable for adults.
If you’re 19+, a UK resident and applying to study on a Level 3 to Level 6 course, you are likely to be eligible for this government loan, which covers all or part of your tuition fees and is paid directly to the College.
- You can borrow any amount from £300 up to the full cost of your tuition fees
- Getting the loan doesn’t depend on your household income
- There is no credit check
- You only start paying the loan back when you’re earning £25,000 a year or more
- If you study on an Access to HE course and go on to achieve a Higher Education qualification,
you will not need to pay back your loan, regardless of what you earn
- All Advanced Learner Loans are written off after 30 years
You can also download our handy Advanced Learner Loan Fact Sheet.